The Honest Scrap Award was received from Helen at Helen Loves Books. Thanks, Helen! The rules for this award are:
1. The Honest Scrap Blogger Award must be shared.
2. The recipient has to tell 10 (true) things about themselves that no one else knows.
3. The recipient has to pass on the award to 7 more bloggers.
4. Those 7 bloggers should link back to the blog that awarded them.
Here are my 10 things...
1. I wish that I was Lorelai Gilmore - her wit, her style and her overall cool is something I have coveted ever since seeing my first episode of Gilmore Girls.
2. My favourite book is Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte. It never gets old, the darkness and broodiness of the novel is unequalled in anything else I have ever read. And I'm re-reading it for The Gilmore Girls Reading Challenge.
3. I developed my caffeine addiction from my first job at a coffee shop. Since then barely a day has gone by without some sort of caffeine infusion.
4. Despite my LOVE of books I took absolutely no English classes in my undergrad degree. Why? Who knows. I think I was trying not to do what everyone expected me to do. In the end I gave in and did a Grad Dip Art (English) which is like a second undergrad major you complete once you already have an undergrad degree and now I'm half way through my MA (English Lit).
5. In my life I have studied French, Japanese and Chinese, but since I never used any of my French or Japanese I have forgotten most of it.
7. I'm a total bibliophile. I love every single thing to do with books. My version of heaven is a massive, old school bookshop with a fantastic coffee bar attached to it which has huge comfy couches and overlooks the ocean. When I die, that's where I wanna be.
8. Moving to Taiwan six months ago has been one o the best things I have done in my life for many reasons but one of the most unexpected ones is that it reintroduced me to recreational reading again - in NZ I'd gotten so busy and overloaded with stuff that I forgot to make time to read. Now that it's back, I'm never letting anything get in the way of my reading time again!
9. Apparently, according to a test I did, I read at 400 wpm with 80% comprehension.
10. My goal in life is to be as "windswept and interesting" (Billy Connolly) and as well-read as humanly possible.
I'm passing this award on to the following blogs:
1. The New Dork Review of Books
2. Literarily Speaking
3. Obsessed with books
4. Miss Remmer's Review
5. Lit and Life
6. Brizmus Blogs Books
7. Out of the blue